Thursday, June 6, 2013

Senior Project Reflection


(1) Positive Statement
I feel that I was very confident and smooth in my presentation, and that my product showed very well throughout.

(2) Questions to Consider

a.     What assessment would you give yourself on your 2-Hour Presentation (self-assessment)?

P+  

b.     What assessment would you give yourself on your overall senior project (self-assessment)?

AP

(3) What worked for you in your senior project?
I felt that the two hour presentation went very well for me, and that preparing for it was an achievement that other presentations didn't require throughout the years. I had never been able to do great research, because in the past, I was never required to do much more than one or two books, which allowed me to get away with the bare minimum, something I should never be allowed to do.

(4) (What didn't work) If you had a time machine, what would have you done differently to improve your senior project if you could go back in time?
I would have done far more research early in the year, including both senior topic and Model Assembly.

(5) Finding Value
As I said in my product, I learned how to find better research, how to find that research faster, and how to present better.
My 2 hour presentation was a prime example of this, and showed how much I had grown in confidence.
Science, technology, and art all can mix, and this is potentially something I could utilize later on in a career, whether in the film industry or not.
It showed me how to find appropriate research for a number of topics extending far beyond my senior project.
Additionally, through meeting Ron Grafton, I was able to gain a number of ins to the small Foley art world.

No comments:

Post a Comment